September 1, 2017

Kilted to Kick Cancer, 2017

The 2017 Kilted to Kick Cancer fundraising competition is underway!

Y'all should know the drill by now: Head over to the donation page at the KTKC website, select the amount you wish to chip in, and select Team JBro at checkout.

As mentioned, if you wish to donate to one of the following Hurricane Harvey charities:

Houston Food Bank
Food Bank of Corpus Christi
Center for Disaster Philanthropy Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund
J.J. Watt’s Fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey Relief  

You can still help me reach my goal of $2000.  Donate to one of those four, and then forward your donation receipt to kelly@kiltedtokickcancer.org. In the subject line, put, “Credit to Fundraising Team JBro.”

In addition, I realize that I've been a hypocrite for a while now.  All the years I've been asking for donations to help beat prostate and testicular cancer, I've been doing it while partaking of the one bad habit that contributes to lung cancer.

Last night, I finished my last cigarette, and as of right now, I've been smoke-free for about 10 hours.  I plan to remain that way, and instead of spending $5.60 every day on a pack of cigarettes, I'll be putting that money into an envelope and at the end of the month I'll put that $168 towards KTKC.

Put up or shut up, right?

So let's do this, folks... Let's raise some money for KTKC or Hurricane Harvey relief, and let's show the rest of the country what it means to give to others.

Cheers, and don't forget to Get Kilted and Get Checked!

No comments: