June 6, 2017

Shooting Coach Needed

OK, putting this out there in the hopes that someone has a recommendation.

I need a shooting coach.

I've decided that it's time to get serious about my marksmanship skills with the pistol.  I do just fine with my rifles -- the Marlin Model 60 is an extension of my arm, and I'm punching nice groups fairly well to 50 yards, which is about as far as I'd need to shoot a 22 for hunting rabbits and such; the AR-15 and I do fine together; and my 30.06 is shooting MOA all the way out to 200 yards from sandbags or a rest, and that's plenty good for elk or deer -- but my pistol work needs help.

I've tried improving on my own, but don't seem to be having much luck.   I suspect a part of that is that I don't know what I don't know.  I don't know if my grip is just a bit off, or if I'm lining up the sights wrong, or if I have too much or too little trigger finger, or what.  But it's inconsistent, and I want to fix that.

So I'm looking for a coach in the northern Colorado Front Range area.  Fort Collins, Longmont, Loveland, that area.

I don't need an uber-awesome tacticool instructor who will teach me how to breach a room and cap the scum bags while laying on the floor.... I need someone who can help me get steady, consistent groups so my targets don't end up looking like old-school computer punch cards with holes everywhere.  I need someone to help me work on the basic mechanics.  I'll get to the ECQB/tactical pistol classes at a later date.

Also, somewhat reasonably priced.  I'm not in the poor house, but I can't afford private lessons from Rob Pincus, dig?

Anyone have recommendations, please let me know.

No comments: