June 19, 2017

Adding Another Gat to the Arsenal

Got an email the other day advertising a Ruger 10/22 with synthetic stock for $169.

Add shipping, the FFL Transfer fee, and it comes in at just a whisker over $200... Too good of a deal to pass up -- Cabela's has them for $269 on their website -- so I snagged one.  

Should arrive today.  Figure I'll put an el-cheapo scope on the thing, go slay me some prairie dogs.  

And besides, you can never have too many decent quality .22LR rifles.  They're just so much fun to shoot it's not even fair.  

Also in gun news, my friend JayG from Marooned (when is he going to start blogging again?) is sending me a .45ACP conversion kit for my Sig P250.  That should arrive today as well.  Swap the slide, barrel, recoil spring, and mag, and now I go from shooting a pistol in .22LR to one shooting .45ACP, but with the same mechanics.  

This is something I've been wanting for a while.  I've got my G19, and it's fine and all, but I'd really like to get more practice in, and it's far easier on the wallet to run 500 rounds of 22 in a week than 500 rounds of 9mm.  

Now to get a membership at the local indoor range and make going down there after work a daily, or near daily, habit.  




4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like wins all around! :-)

.45ACP+P said...

Perfect rifle (once you scope it) for an Appleseed.

Jeff B said...

True enough, 45ACP+P...

Then, too, so is my Dad's old Marlin Model 60. :D

EMS Artifact said...

A 10/22 is one of those guns that every gun owner should have. Back in 1975, a 10/22 was my first rifle. I replaced it with a stainless version, but a good friend of mine owns.

A S&W Model 10 is another gun that everyone should own at least one of.

Enjoy both of your new acquisitions.