May 19, 2017

Well, That Sucks

Credit union said no.

See, the issue is that I haven't used credit for over 5 years.  I haven't needed to, and therefore when they pulled my credit report, the score came back "null".

It's disappointing that not having missed a single payment, not having debt, not over-extending my income, saving $6000 in 10 weeks, and having a salary closer to $100,000 than it is to $50,000 isn't considered "responsible with money" these days.

Then they wonder why the banks get into the fix they were in back in '08.

Damn it all.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Well...bummer!! Can't you go in and talk with one of the loan officers and point that responsible stuff out? I know you recently moved into the area, but still, it doesn't sound like you are slinging burgers at Micky D's. You have a (decent paying)job, your landlord can report you pay your rent on time, etc. Ask what they would need to see to grant a loan. Responsible behavior should count towards something.

Will said...

Oh oh. Logic pertaining to "credit" is somewhat backwards. The want you to be USING it on a continual basis. In a responsible manner, of course.
Establishing it is a bitch, usually. Catch-22 situation. You have to have it, to get it.

Long time ago, I went to Sears to attempt this. Had the cash, but told them I wanted to establish a credit history. Was told, "we don't do that, come back when you have it". Never did. I figured that they didn't need, or want, my business. Doubt I spent $200 there in several decades. I see they are circling the drain.