April 15, 2017

The Dane Geld Is Paid

Got my tax returns done, and sent off in the mail today.  Yes, technically I have until the 18th, but it has been a JB Tradition to do the returns and mail them off on the 15th for, well, a while now, and who am I to break tradition, right?

At any rate, I had to pay the Dot Fed a bit, and I'm getting a bit of a refund from Indiana and Colorado, so all said and done it doesn't come out terribly bad... I got my withholding just about right, as I came out of it owing $27.

Still and all, it's truly amazing how much of my money I never get to see.  

Having paid the Dane Geld, I opted for a bit of 'Murica Freedom today, and took the dogs for a good walk today, then ducked into one of the local breweries for a couple pints.  I'd finished my weekend chores by noon, so I figured I'd earned a cold beer.  

Tomorrow, I'll take a walk to the home brew store, get ingredients for a cirtrus-y American Pale Ale, and brew that either tomorrow or next weekend.  

Routine daily life at Chateau J Bro.  Hope you and yours are well.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad yours worked out better than mine... sigh... I owed a BUNCH this year.