December 15, 2016

Well, I Guess It's Time

For my Christmas present to myself, this year I'm going to buy an e-cigarette system and get rid of the damn pack-a-day habit once and for all.

I've quit before, and it wasn't terribly difficult, but it does require dedication and some effort.  I started up again when things started falling apart between me and the (now) ex-wife.  Dumb, I know, but I was in a very dark place and reverted to old habits.

At any rate, I'm wanting to be able to go elk hunting here in Colorado next fall, and that requires some exertion at altitude -- Elk don't hang out downtown Fort Collins, you understand -- and if I'm going to be humping the hills, carrying a rifle and a pack with my gear, and eventually carrying out 600+ pounds of meat (fingers crossed), I need to be in better shape, and THAT requires that I quit smoking.

And besides, it's a money saver: At $5.50/pack, and two packs every three days, that's 20 packs a month... Or anywhere between $110 and $165 every month.  That's money I could put to better use -- save for emergencies, a new vehicle, etc.

I've heard some people have great success with the "vaping" option, so I'll give it a try.  Hopefully it helps take the edge off the cravings, and once my lungs clear up and I'm back to exercising again I'll phase out the vaping as well.

It's time.  Long past time.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Do it!