September 10, 2016

Marlin Repairs

Well, the Marlin Glenfield Model 60 in 22LR that I use for plinking and practice and rabbit slaying...

... The same Marlin Glenfield Model 60 in 22LR that my father got when he was 14 and used for plinking and practice and rabbit slaying...

... Finally needs some repair work.  The recoil spring is kaput, and even when clean and lubricated and using high velocity ammo, it fails to push the action back in place after a shot.

This, being the 21st century of the interwebz, I got on Amazon and ordered one.  Should be here just before I leave for Colorado.

In other shooting news, I got to the range yesterday.  Ran 150 rounds through the Glock, and had fair results.

Sadly, this was probably the last time at the range here.  I've got to turn in my key to the gate on Monday at the club meeting.  I will miss having the range so available and affordable.  For $40/year, you've got two lanes of 7 yard pistol, two lanes of 15 yard pistol, and four lanes each at 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards for rifles.  There's a shotgun trap shooting set up, a 40 yard archery range, and other assorted goodies.  It is a really nice place to shoot, even more so since many times it's empty, save perhaps one other shooter.  Of all the times I've been there, the busiest was when there were 3 folks on the pistol lanes, and 2 others on the 25 yard rifle range.  And that was only one time.

It was nice having it.  I'll probably be getting a membership to an indoor range in Fort Collins, since I can head up the mountains and get on National Forest land and shoot rifles all day long, but I want to get more practice on the pistol, and there are two indoor facilities close to where I'll be living.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the repairs, and good luck out west!

Jeff B said...

Thanks. Should be an easy repair, and I figure that a 40+ year old gun with over 20,000 rounds through it is going to start wearing down on parts eventually... :)