September 2, 2016

Didn't Need That

Took the Heep in for an oil change, radiator flush and fill, and transmission flush and fill in preparation for the journey west in a few weeks.

Mechanic made mention that the front drive shaft is buggered up and needs replaced, to the tune of about $1000 (parts and labor).

Now, before you get your panties in a twist, this is a shop for whom we do the IT work, and the owner and our owner are business friends (I even get a discount on work done there), and I trust that they wouldn't fleece me for work that doesn't need done.

Damn, the money in my bank account is going faster than I can replace it.  Guess I'm going to be dipping into savings AGAIN.

Time to tighten the budget belt a notch.  Might have to drink cheap beer instead of my preferred craft beer.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

But better to have a SAFE vehicle to make the trip...