August 30, 2016

Change of Format and Other Tidbits

I) What do you think of the new look?  Keep it?  Dump it?  Don't care either way?

II) Regarding the whole kerfluffle about some football player who refused to stand during the National Anthem... Listen, here's the thing: He has the right to do so.  That's part of the First Amendment and that whole freedom of expression thing.  I have a right to not like it, but let's be clear... He is not required to stand for the National Anthem.  Those who would like him to be required to do so are welcome to move to a country where such action is legally required, and non-compliance is punishable by law.

III) I don't want to jinx myself, but I've got a good feeling that I'm going to be offered a job in Fort Collins, Colorado, by the end of the week.  I'm nearly certain I'm going to get an offer in south Denver, but truth be told I'd rather NOT be in Denver.  It's just gotten too big, and I prefer the size and feel of FoCo.

IV) I think I'm ready to take the first of two Cisco Networking exams, but at the moment I don't have the spare cash (see: moving to Colorado) for the test.  Guess I'll just continue studying to keep it sharp.

V) Any of my readers in the Kansas City area?  Ever been to and camped at Clinton State Park outside of Lawrence?  I'm thinking that's where I'll RON on the trip west.  Just me and the dogs, so I figure I'll throw the tent down, cook some camp grub, sit around the fire, drink a few beers, and save money instead of getting a hotel.

VI) Need a break from this oppressive heat and humidity.  You can darn near cut the air, it's so thick and humid.  I'd like to get to the range, but in weather like this I'd have to wipe the sweat from my hands every third shot, and there are no indoor ranges in this town.


No comments: