September 1, 2015

Kilted to Kick Cancer -2015 Edition

Good morning, and happy September, my readers.

September is upon us once again, and as it has for the past 4 years, the first of September marks a very special day.  It's the time when a select few of us men, those with the fortitude and bravery to do so, drop our pants in the name of charity.

Settle down, ladies.  I know, I know... I get that reaction often.  But I'm married.

Anyway, we're back to our annual Kilted to Kick Cancer fundraiser challenge.  For the month of September, we will be wearing our kilts when we can, trying to start the conversation: "What's under the kilt?"

What's under the kilt, you ask?  Well, nothing more than a 1 in 7 chance of prostate cancer for men.

What's under the kilt?  Only a 1 in 36 chance of dying from prostate cancer.

What's under the kilt?  Possibly a disease that kills as many men in a year as breast cancer kills women.

What's under the kilt?  A potentially deadly disease that also has an incredibly high chance of treatment when caught early.

How can you help?  Well, that's the easy part.  If you're a man, you can get your doctor to run the necessary tests and perform a prostate exam.  If you have a man in your life -- a brother, husband, son, uncle, father -- you can urge them to get checked every year.

And you can donate.

In 4 years, from 2011 thru 2014, we've raised about $60,000 total.  That's $15,000 a year, on average, in 120 days total.

I think we can beat $15,000 this year.  In fact, we're aiming for $20,000.  But we're gonna need your help.

http://www.kiltedtokickcancer.org/product/ktkc-donation-2015/

There's your donation link.  Click, donate what you can, and if you'd be kind enough to mention my team, Team JBro, I'd appreciate.  See, Ambulance Driver has wrangled a few prize packages for this little fundraising challenge, and I'm really wanting to beat out JayG over at MArooned.  I want to take the wind out of his sails like a Tom Brady approved football.

I'm still trying to figure out what sort of thing I can do as an incentive, but for now, all I have is me, hat in hand, asking you to kick in what you can to help us kick cancer.

Click, donate, get checked.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good luck! :-)

Tam said...

Good luck!

Jeff B said...

Thanks for the endorsement, Tam!

Doesn't look like I've got a chance for a prize package, but that's really not what this is all about, so I don't mind.

Kiltedly yours,
JeffB