August 16, 2014

A Breakthrough

Was at the theater tonight with Missus JB and the Spawn. We saw "The Giver" (decent flick,  worth the coin) but about mid way thru the film, Missus leans to me and says "You have your gun on you?"

"Well, yes, why?"

And my head starts to swivel, checking exits and blockages to those exits (the fat guy isn't gonna be a problem,  nor the old lady... The dude in the blue shirt might be...)

She says "I can't put my finger on it, but something about that guy (subtly inclining her head in the direction) in the green shirt bugs me..."

Nothing at all happened, the movie ended without incident, and we got home safe, but it pleases me to no end that she had the senses alert and spoke up. 

(But part of me wanted to say "Babe, I'm awake and not in a prohibited area... OF COURSE I have my firearm.")

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good that she is not in condition white... And glad you were ready if she was right!