November 1, 2013

Getting Busy

Life seems to get busier and busier all the time.

I've got the job, which involves a 60 mile each way drive, though the traffic of northeast and top-center Indianapolis.  It takes about 90 minutes, unless traffic is light, then it's only 75 minutes or so.  I have managed to find the sweet spot... if I leave the house by 6:55, it's generally the 70-80 minute range.  If I leave after 7:00, I'm looking at ALL of 90 minutes.

The girls are still active in competitive cheer, but this is probably their last season.  They switched to a new cheer gym this year, since the one they went to last year doesn't have a team any longer... their coach started medical school and can't coach and go to school at the same time.  Anyway, they aren't happy at the new gym -- attitudes of the other girls, the coaches, and the parents of the other girls are all collectively wearing on our last nerve.  Still, they promised to be a part of the team, so we can't let them quit mid-season.  That means Wednesday night practice for Elder Spawn, Thursday night practice for both girls, and Sunday afternoon practice for both girls.  I'm lucky that my boss lets me work from home on Thursday so I can take the girls to practice.

I'm still working on getting things squared up around the house.  We're stuck here for another 7 years, but will be moving as soon as Spawn the Younger turns 18, and there's plenty of things that need done to get the house in selling shape.

It's archery deer season in Indiana, and I've got my crossbow and blind and need to get out in the woods, because it's highly unlikely that a deer is going to wander up to my front porch.

School starts up in January, and I'm really looking forward to it.  Will be leaving the job to go to school full time, which also means I'll have time to get stuff done around the house, but it also means less income for a few months.

I've got to get busy doing my presentations for the Texas EMS Conference in a few weeks.  THAT is going to be a much needed break for me and Missus JB.  Will be great to get out of town for a few days, do some duck hunting with Ambulance Drive and some other friends, relax and unwind with old pals, and generally decompress.

It's just busy as can be here.  But I suppose that is better than being bored stiff.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear the girls are losing out... And don't ya just hate cliques??? Have fun in Texas!