October 10, 2013

That's Promising

Took a short drive yesterday afternoon to scout a DNR Wildlife Management Area property where I plan to do a little deer hunting this fall.

I'm no trophy hunter, that's for sure, but I wouldn't mind having the meat in the freezer.  Given the current socio-political climate, I'm stocking up.  No "Doomsday End Of the World Prepper" stuff, but a few extra stores of canned foods, frozen meats, jars of rice and beans, etc.

At any rate, I'm creeping through the CRP field, looking for sign, and generally enjoying the peace and quiet that is the woods and river bank, and enjoying the crisp fall air of East Central Indiana.

And that's when the fawn spooked.

Wasn't 10 yards from me when it leaped up and bolted.

Not sure who was more startled from this, me or the fawn.

At any rate, I now know that field and woods has some deer.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh... They DO get your attention when they do that don't they??? :-)