April 3, 2013

Well, I'll Believe It When I See It

Contacted my local Congress Critter to see if he could move things along with the Fat Boy's Institute and my NICS Appeal.

Apparently, he can.  Or so says his secretary, who left a voice mail the other day:

Mr. B, I wanted to let you know that I spoke to a Miss XXXXXX at the FBI NICS, who indicated that she would expedite the processing of your appeal, and her number is... please let me know if we can be of further service...


I'm somewhat skeptical, since the last time I called to check was in March, and the recording stated that the FBI is currently processing November appeals.  This being April, it stands to reason they'll be processing December appeals (when mine was filed), so I doubt it's REALLY expedited, but we shall see.

In somewhat related news, I took all the guns to the range yesterday for a little spin.  Happy to report that the scope on both the Marlin .22LR and the .270Win are both right the hell on.  In fact, that 270 put three rounds touching each other at 100 yards... looked for all the world like a double infinity sign.

The 30.06, however... I need to get a good laser and lead sled, boresight the thing, then dial it in perfectly.  Doing it round by round is just too damn expensive in this day and age.

Lastly, I do love that new shot gun.... O.M.G., did the clays fall in tiny little pieces...

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's GOOD news on the shotty! :-) and yeah, bench and boresight the 30-06.