January 17, 2013

FINALLY!

Indiana has a License to Carry Handgun (a.k.a. LTCH) which is their version of a Concealed Weapon Permit.

I submitted my application, with fingerprints, back in November.  There's a means to submit fingerprints electronically, which is supposed to expedite the process, and I paid my fees, and then I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Today, being as I'm wide awake at 0400 local time (I'm in Washington state for work), I decided to give the state police licensing department a call, see what the status was, and are there any issues I need to address.

A very pleasant lady informed me that the license was issued January 11th, and I should have it in the mail when I get home.

Finally, I'll be able to legally carry a sidearm in the state of Indiana.

And the bonus: It's a lifetime permit, so I don't need to fuss with annual renewals and so forth.

3 comments:

Mr Evilwrench said...

Congratulations! The LTCH is great to have in state, though we don't get reciprocity with as many other states as some do. Bear in mind, it's a license to carry, and does not specify a method. You may conceal or not, you can carry openly if you like, though that may be objectionable to some. If you conceal, just printing or flashing won't buy you any trouble. And those "no guns" signs? They do not carry the force of law here. You can ignore them as you wish, and the worst that can happen is you'll be asked to leave. If you haven't found it already, check out INGO at ingunowners.com. It's a great resource.

Jeff B said...

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I've been reading up on the laws and committing them to memory, as I want to be as informed as possible.

I prefer the concealed method, as it generally causes less strife and angst. What folks don't know, folks won't get worked up over, dig?

And I'm in INGO already, but thanks for the suggestion!

Mr Evilwrench said...

Yeah, I cc myself, but I don't stress most times about being spotted. I'm more careful when there's a sign I couldn't possibly have missed, but I'm still waiting for my first MWAG alarm.

Had to toot the horn, just in case. Now I'll try to finger out your handle there :) don't tell me, I like a game.