August 2, 2012

The Money Pit

No, not the movie, although it's starting to feel like it.

I've got my house on the market and need to sell it as part of the move back to Indiana.  While I suppose I could rent it, I prefer to just cut ties totally... don't need the emotional and financial baggage that the house would bring.  Every month when I write a check for the mortgage, I'd constantly be reminded of how much I loved living in Colorado.

At any rate, this means a litany of small chores to make the house presentable.  I've been to Big Mega Home Improvement Warehouse Store more times in the past month than any reasonable man should.

A half-dozen bags of landscaping mulch...
Some paint to do touch-up work...
Trim for the basement door...
A chunk of hose for the irrigation system...
Weed killer...
And the list goes on.

It's getting old, and right damn fast.

Four more weeks.  Let's hope someone buys it soon.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, it's amazing how much money one has to spend to fix all the 'little' things... Hope it goes quickly!