August 25, 2012

Living In a Box

No, not the pop song from the '80s, but my current status.

I'm in the last week of my life in Colorado.  Most of my belongings are packed, stacked in the garage, looking for all the world like a blind man played Tetris.

Next Saturday, I hitch the uHaul (or as we say down South, "Y'all Haul") and point East towards Indiana.

It's a bitter-sweet move, for reasons I'll explain in a later post, but at the moment I find myself looking at any given item and trying to find a reason that I'd need said item: "Is there any conceivable purpose for which I'd need this thing in the next six days?"  If the answer is no, and it usually is, it goes into a box.

I've got enough clothes to last the week, and a list of things I need to do on specific days -- return the cable box, get rid of the bed, have the local Goodwill come pick up my furniture, etc. -- and the rest of my world is in cardboard boxes.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Bittersweet is right, but life moves on, and you ARE moving in the right direction with your lady!