May 4, 2012

Conferences

As a general rule, I attend two, perhaps three, conferences a year.

The Texas EMS Conference is one of them.  Really a class act down there, and it's a chance for me and some of my pals from all over to catch up.  TOTWTYTR lives in the greater northeast/New England area.  Ambulance Driver is from Louisiana.  Mule Breath is in Dallas-Fort Worth area.  JS lives in Iowa.  LT is in Maine.  We don't see each other often, if at all, except for the TX EMS conference.

I try to get to a computer-tech geek conference once a year, just to learn more about my new vocation.

Then there's the conference that my company hosts every year.  It's a great time overall, and I really enjoy catching up with clients that I haven't seen since last year's conference, or since I went to their offices to do work.  Some folks I meet for the first time in person, but have "known" them for months, having traded email and phone calls.

But boy howdy is it a LONG week.  I'm ready to kick back, put my feet up, and enjoy a cold brew.

Regular (by which I mean semi-sporadic) blogging will resume next week.

No comments: