March 23, 2012

Miscellany

First, going to be a bit light on the blogging.  My old high school chum, Josh, is in town for the weekend, and we've got a full schedule of porch sitting, beer drinking, cigar smoking, and general bull shittin' planned.  There are times when our conversations put William Faulkner's stream of consciousness style to shame.

Second: I'm of a mind to build one of these, to facilitate growth in the garden this summer.  Any suggestions for what to put in the compost?  I've got a lot of dead leaves, grass clippings, various food scraps (potato peels, etc).  I've been told that I should NOT use dog poo, because something about meat-eating animals and parasites and so forth.  Any truth to this?

Third: In the market for a 1911 in .45 ACP.  If you know someone with one for sale, at reasonable price, drop me a line, m'kay?

Fourth: IU/Kentucky rematch tonight.  While I'd be happier than the skinny pig at the slaughterhouse to see a repeat of the first game outcome, I'm not holding my breath.  Still, regardless of the final score, it's been pretty damn fun watching IU win games again after the past 3 years.  Been a long road, and IMHO Tom Crean should win Coach of the Year, hands down.  What he's done to rebuild that program, given what he had to start, is nothing short of impressive.

Y'all be good to each other.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'd recommend 'watching' the gun sales sites, look for a Springer or an R1 or something along that line for a 'reasonable' price point!

bobball said...

JB...as far as compost...my MIL composts up at their cabin. I'll ask her about the poo. I know she separates out all the non-meat table scraps (meat is a bad thing for a compost) and puts them in as well.

bobball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bobball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bobball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.