March 1, 2012

Following the links where they take you

It's interesting to me the strange path you can take when doing a bit of "web surfing".

I was perusing the referrals that have brought readers to my humble blog, and one of the places I found myself was over at Jay's place, MArooned. From there, I ambled over to Borepatch, where I read an interesting bit about time, the history of time keeping, etc. In that post, Borepatch made mention of the Rathaus-Glockenspiel clock of Munich.

A quick search brought me to the Wikipedia page for the aforementioned Rathaus-Glockenspiel clock, from where I then found the page for Munich, Germany.

That page had a link to the Dachau Concentration Camp, which was built just 10 miles or so from Munich.

From there, I followed a link to Concentration Camps in general, and found that there's a long, sordid history of Internment camps being used by numerous countries, over many years, and that it wasn't just the evil Nazis and Ugly Americans that did it.

I also noticed that there was a Japanese Internment Camp in Fort Morgan, CO, which is just up the road from the Stately JB Manor.

Kinda interesting...

No comments: