December 21, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Cashed in some frequent flier miles and hopped a flight from DEN to FWA to spend a week with the family for Christmas. Currently in Muncie with my Dearest Lady, reveling in the smells of her Almost World Famous meatballs cooking, while I tidy up a bit of work. Lovely thing, the internet... I am in Indiana, my office is in Colorado, and I can still get almost as much work done as if I were seated at my desk.

Plans to catch up with some old high school chums that I haven't seen in... years... tomorrow night. Family stuff the rest of the week, with the whole gift giving thing on Sunday, then back to Colorado on Tuesday.

Y'all have a wonderful holiday season, however you choose to observe it. Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Christmas, or Festivus... the spirit is the same, and it's a fine time to reflect on the year past, set goals for the year to come, and spend a few minutes thinking of those less fortunate than you.

Be kind to each other. Peace on Earth.

No comments: