April 15, 2009

Tax rant

OK, so let me make sure I've got this right:

1. I have to pay $60 to purchase TurboTax to do my taxes on line.
2. I have to pay an additional $40 because I lived in two states in 2008, and a second state return is extra.
3. I paid sales tax on both of the above.
4. I have to pay $2067 in taxes to the federal government, over and above the taxes already taken out of my income.
5. Despite paying all this money, I've received absolutely nothing for it, while an unemployed welfare taking, Medicaid recipient mother of seven drives her 2007 Chevy Tahoe, has an iPhone, smoke two packs a day, and wears the latest fashions from FUBU or Gucci.

And THIS is what our current V.P. calls patriotic.

Sod all, I could use a beer.

3 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

I think you might be a right wing terrorist and I'm reporting you to DHS.

Really, it's for your own good. You'll be much happier when you get out of the readjustment camp.

Samala Ray said...

Driven on any roads lately? Used any other forms of infrastructure? How about a park? Gone and enjoyed a nice day at the park anytime recently? Do you live anywhere near where a flood, tornado or such has hit?

Things to think about.

Jeff B said...

"Driven on any roads lately? Used any other forms of infrastructure? How about a park? Gone and enjoyed a nice day at the park anytime recently? Do you live anywhere near where a flood, tornado or such has hit?"

1. City and county roads. I avoid the Interstates like the plague.
2. I have no kids, so I don't take advantage of public schools. I have never called for the police, fire department, or ambulance. I don't utilize the FBI, CIA, or DHS. I've never taken money from the federal government except for a student loan, which I had to repay with interest.
3. Every time I go to Rocky Mountain National Park, I pay an entry fee.
4. No floods, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no hurricanes.

You were asking...?