March 1, 2009

It's been busy this week

The past week has been crazy busy. I had the usual stuff at work, and some unusual stuff at work.

On Monday, the Support guys were getting slammed with calls, and some of us on the DS side went to help out as much as we could, see if we could knock out a few of the more minor issues. I gotta give much love to the guys and gals who do Support full time. Some of the callers were just foolish, and it's hard to not shake your head in wonder at their stupidity.

Tuesday started with a trip to the dentist for a checkup, x-rays, etc. I haven't been to a dentist in probably two years, but I brush three times a day, floss when I remember to, and haven't noticed any problems. Apparently, however, my wisdom teeth on the right side didn't completely come in, and she recommends that I get them pulled. Next week, when I get back from a work trip to Toronto, I'll make an appointment with the oral surgeon. Sucks, but I guess it's necessary.

Wednesday was more of the same, then dinner with a friend for the Denver Restaurant Week. Three courses, two people, and a glass of wine, for $52.80 total. Very nice. I had the French Onion Soup with Guerye cheese, a roasted Cornish Hen with Rosemary and Lemon asparagus, and the Sauteed Pears on Pear Sorbet. Just outstanding. Alto Restaurant, 14th Street near Market, downtown Denver.

Thursday was another day at the office, but I cut out early to head to see the Banff Mountain Film Festival at the Paramount Theater. It was kinda cool, and I really enjoyed a couple of the films. Two were really crappy, as they spent more time decrying the evil corporations that are slowly killing off the habitat of the Black Footed Water Spider or some crap. I don't like when a film tries to push a political agenda on me. I didn't pay to hear your political views... I paid to be entertained.

Friday, I managed to seriously f*** up the Virtual Machine on my work laptop, and every time I tried a fix, I ran into a different error. If anyone has ideas on how to repair the IIS for a Microsoft Server 2003 VM, please shoot me an email.

Saturday was fun: I got out on some ice near Breckenridge, and although the ice was really crappy in some spots and moderately crappy in the other places, any day you can climb ice is a good day, IMHO. I got back -- after waiting two hours in traffic on I-70 because some asshole using his cell phone managed to hit some other idiot who wasn't paying attention -- and met my friend Deidre to head to a birthday party for a mutual climbing pal of ours. There was beer, which hit the spot after a long day slogging through the hills, and much fun was had.

Today, I'm doing laundry. Nothing glamorous or exciting, but I'm out of clean boxers. I'm also packing, as my flight to Toronto leaves at 9 am.

I'll try to write more later this week... something interesting, witty, and insightful. No promises, though, as my writing muse seems to have skipped town for warmer climates. That tramp.

No comments: