January 10, 2013

New gun pr0n


That would be a Cobra Firearms Patriot 9s.

It's DAO, chambered in 9mm, holds 10+1, and is almost the exact same size as a Taurus PT 709 Slim.  Weight is about 18 ounces empty.

A bit long on the take-up, but the trigger breaks clean and crisp.

I haven't take it out for a ride yet... weather has been crap, and there are no indoor ranges within 50 miles of Chateau JB... but I certainly plan to do so soon.  Maybe Sunday?

At any rate, for the low low price of $200, I might just have a new concealed carry gun -- assuming the Indiana State Police ever get off their asses and send me my LTCH.

Will need a holster for it, though.  IWB, leather, and quality... I am happy to pay a premium price for premium work.  Any suggestions?


5 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'd talk to Dennis at Dragon Leather or Michael at the Holster Site, both make excellent holsters.

Dirk said...

You beat me to it, NFO. :) Haven't had personal experience with either, but every single blogger I read who has one (or more!) holsters from either of these gents is insanely happy with them.

TOTWTYTR said...

Mika holsters. He makes a nice IWB or pocket carry holster at a reasonable price.

Not much to look at, but they certainly do the job.

With a gun like yours you run a serious risk of the holster costing more than the firearm. ;)

Jeff B said...

Thanks, TOTWTYTR. I ordered a Mika holster this morning. You were right... reasonably priced. Will see how I like it when it arrives. If I hate it (*unlkely, but possible) at least I didn't spend a metric shit ton of cash.

Appreciate.

Nate said...

Sounds like you've already sent off the money for a holster before I got here but I've been using a Crossbreed IWB with a KelTec PF9 for a couple years now. Perfect. Highly recommended.